Portland Doula Collective
Evidence Based Birth®
Meet the Doulas Mocktail Hour
Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class
EBB® 5-Week Childbirth Class Description
Get empowered with a Childbirth Class you and your partner will LOVE!
Start learning evidence-based info today—register now!
A message from Scarlett Lynsky, your Evidence Based Birth® Instructor:
When I gave birth for the first time, I was young and naive. Like most people, I sort of stumbled into the care provider I chose, but unlike most, I stumbled into respectful, compassionate, evidence-based care from a Certified Professional Midwife.
My birth was exhilarating! Even though my body felt pretty beat up, I had never felt more powerful in my life. As I gathered stories from more and more friends and acquaintances, I realized that my positive birth story was the exception not the norm, which broke–and still breaks!–my heart.
As a birth doula for the past 10 years, I see how doctors, nurses and midwives have the best intentions, but are often limited by the flaws in the maternity care system and take power away from the person giving birth in small and large ways. You deserve to have an empowering start to parenthood, and I’m here to help you learn how to work that system to your advantage.
Listen to what some of the first students of the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class have had to say:
“This class is a total gamechanger for us. I’d heard negative stories…I was scared and very on edge. Then once we started taking the class, and when we learned about interventions that I was apprehensive about… It brought us together in that [my partner] understood birth more, and I understood it more. And as soon as I went into labor, we were on. We were a team.”
“I really appreciated how informative it was. I knew a lot about the biology of birth and babies, but what we learned was just very impressive. It was a really good experience—fairly chill, fairly laid-back, and not nearly as stressful and awkward as I thought it might be. All the information—I never would’ve thought there was that much information out there!”
When you take the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you will:
- Get mentored by your own Evidence Based Birth® Instructor!
- Learn about evidence based care, comfort measures, and advocacy
- Get prepared, get answers, get empowered!
Your Childbirth Class includes:
- Mentorship from Scarlett Lynsky, experienced EBB Instructor
- Two in-person classes to practice your labor skills
- First in-person class
- Comfort Measures Rehearsal
- Five weeks of online videos for you and your partner to watch together
- BONUS: Breastfeeding and newborn care videos
- BONUS: Four video chats with your Instructor and classmates!
- BONUS: Earn points throughout the class to redeem for prizes at the end!
Ready to Get Empowered? Register for Your Class Now!
- Spots in each class are limited (6 couples per class), do not wait to schedule.
What are the registration options?
Choose the registration package that works best for you!
Standard package: Includes 3-months access to the online portion of the class, spiral bound workbook, two in-person classes, and four video-chats with your class. Priced at $300.
Deluxe package: Includes 6-months access to the online portion of the class, spiral bound workbook, two in-person classes, four video-chats with your class, and an additional private Zoom session with Scarlett to discuss your birth plan. Priced at $350
Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status.
Your payment reserves a spot in the class and is non-refundable, but tickets are transferable with adequate notice and approval from Scarlett.
If you have questions, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Class Dates
- April 5 & May 17 (4 live, online classes in between) 3-5 pm
- June 14 & July 19 (4 live, online classes in between) 3-5 pm
- August 2 & September 13 (4 live, online classes in between) 3-5 pm
- October 18 & November 22 (4 live, online classes in between) 3-5 pm
Savvy Birth Pro Workshop
from Evidence Based Birth®
2020 Class Dates
- January 25, 2020 – 2-5 pm @ MindTree Holistic Counseling & Wellness Center in SW Portland
Savvy Birth 101 Workshop
from Evidence Based Birth®
Savvy Birth 101 for Parents Description
Are you looking forward to having a baby, but worried about what it’s like to be a “patient” in the hospital system? Never fear, Savvy Birth 101 is here! The 1-hour Savvy Birth 101 class was developed by Evidence Based Birth® to give you the inside scoop on how to form the ultimate birth team, so when the time comes to bring your baby into the world you can find yourself at the center of respectful, evidence-based care.
Savvy Birth 101 at Inspire Wellness is taught by Scarlett Lynsky, a certified doula, childbirth educator and Evidence Based Birth Instructor. Scarlett has been working with expecting families for 10 years.
Learning Objectives covered in Savvy Birth 101
- Define evidence-based care and discuss the difference between evidence-based care and routine care
- Describe how the power system works in most hospital labor and delivery units
- Discuss ways to create a team-based atmosphere in the birthing room, so that you and your partner can get evidence-based, family-centered care
Refund policy: Tickets are non-refundable, but may be transferred to future workshops or seminars.
Tickets are $25/ couple or $20 for a single participant